Friday, December 17, 2004

The Future of the Nationals

I've been swamped with work and was out of town, so I'm a little behind in my blogging. Since the big news is out that the Nationals may not be in D.C. for the long haul, I've also been a little disappointed in MLB. As a result, I haven't covered the super exciting acquisitions of Hammonds and Cordero (as well as finishing the minor league portion of the Rule 5 draft). I'm going to go back and write about those transactions once the situation with the Nationals is more stabilized.

For those of you that know me well, you know I believe Bud Selig to be a truly evil man who is slowly ruining baseball. This action with D.C. is just more of the same in my mind. As much as I want a team in D.C., I think it is plain wrong to ask a poor city with a small tax base to foot the entire bill. I, like Jim Caple, think D.C. is right in this one as much as I want to be able to cheer for the Nationals. I hope this gets resolved soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home