Monday, November 29, 2004

Fall and Winter League Report

I must have missed this Baseball America article on Bill Bray in their AFL coverage.

Arizona Fall League Notebook

Since that article, it doesn't look like he has been doing that well. So far, the biggest positive is his 16/4 K/BB ratio in 16 IP. However, his 7.31 ERA is not so hot. Still, with only 1 HR given up, hopefully this is just bad luck.

It is sad when you have to search this hard for anything resembling a prospect in the Nationals system.

The other highlights for the Nationals in the Fall in Winter leagues are just retread reports:

Ron Calloway has a .340/.365/.680 line in 50 AB's in the Venezualan Winter League. The power is nice, but a BB or two wouldn't hurt. And this is a league where Henry Blanco has an .864 OPS.

Endy Chavez has a .298/.377/.447 line in 47 AB's in the Venezualan Winter League. The reports that Bowden is thinking of bringing him back bring me physical pain. And the thought of Frank Robinson leading him off again continues to keep me up at nights.

John Patterson has allowed only 4 R's in 30 IP in the Dominican Winter League. I've always thought Patterson has some ability and his 31/7 K/BB ratio in 2002 with Arizona left me hopeful for the former top prospect. If he could stop giving up HR's and find more consistent control, he could be a valuable member of the rotation. Or, then again, he could continue to suck.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a
pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not
100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Take a look at my website - レイバンサングラス

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could definitely see your skills within the work you write.
The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.

All the time follow your heart.

Feel free to surf to my web blog: オークリー サングラス

 

Post a Comment

<< Home